DIY drain cleaner
Did you know that if you have a blocked drain or slow draining water building up in the bottom of your sink or shower you may have a buildup of debris such as hair, soap, or other bacteria?
There is no need to go out and buy expensive harmful chemicals, not only are they toxic to your home and children, they are also not necessary to unblock it. There are some simple things that you may already have stored in your pantry that will do trick.
What you’ll need:
- Baking Soda
- Remove drain stopper and ensure the drain is dry and hasn’t been used for at least one hour beforehand.
- Place ¼ cup baking soda down the drain
- Follow by ½ cup vinegar, and place the drain plug back in immediately you may hear a sizzling sound begin but leave the mixture for a few minutes
- Next pour the boiling water from the kettle down the drain then flush for 5 minutes with hot water from your tap
- If drain is still clogged, repeat
If the problem persists, give us a call and we can help you out!